Lakeside Closing Service, LLC
We recognize the importance in handling your transaction in a timely manner. There should be no step in the vacation purchasing and transfer process that adds stress to your life. Using our services, we will ensure your expectations are not only met, but exceeded. Your timeshare transfer becomes our #1 Priority. Through superior customer service with consistent and timely results, our staff is your choice for prompt and accurate timeshare transfers.
- Preparation of Deed and State Tax Forms (if applicable)
- Delivery of Transfer Documents to Buyer and Seller for signature
- Delivery of Deed to Clerk of Court for recording along with any required state or local documents
- Purchase Money Funds - We collect all the funds necessary to transfer ownership. That money is placed in an Escrow account and dispersed upon completion of transfer.
- Acquisition of Estoppel Certificate - We will obtain a signed letter from resort management detailing critical unit information, outstanding costs, such as: maintenance fees, property taxes, special assessments and when the next use period is available.
- Resort Notification of Transfer - The resort will be provided a copy of the recorded deed, along with any resort transfer fee (if applicable)/ This will enable the resort to update their system showing the buyer as the new owner.
- Provide Settlement Statements These documents inform each party of the terms of the sale and their financial responsibilities.
- Transfer Fees We collect transfer fees and pay them to the resort on your behalf as part of the transfer process.
The transfer process normally takes 45 to 60 days, but can take longer. It depends on how quickly the parties execute and return the documents to our office, and on the work load and procedure of the county where the deed is being recorded and returned.